Pinterest is a fantastic tool for school librarians. Here are 5 ideas for using it in your school library:
- Create genre boards to aid in readers advisory. You could create an adventure board, true story board, books similar to Geronimo Stilton board and so on.
- Use it to find inspiration for displays. As well as beautiful images, Pinterest also has some great DIY ideas.
- Make a social media board and pin any tips and tricks you want to try with your library social media account
- If all the kids at school are studying a certain topic, why not create a board full of resources for them to use?
- Pinterest has a function where you can make a board secret. This is super handy for planning events, or prepping a board that you’re not quite ready to make public yet. The social media board idea I mentioned above would also be a great candidate for a secret board as it is something that is not strictly relevant to the students/teachers/parents.
I hope you found these ideas helpful, and please let me know if you have any other ideas or experiences you’d like to share.