A short checklist to keep you on track and inspired… hope you find it useful:
Things to ask yourself…
- What message(s) are you trying to communicate?
- Library updates
- Interaction with your students
- Telling stories/writing articles
- Readers Advisory
- Promotion of events
- What is your demographic?
- Why are you using social media?
- To provide another level of service for your students?
- As a staff resource?
- As a marketing tool?
- What social media platform are your students mostly using?
- Does your school have a social media or communications strategy?
- Suggested platforms
- Feedly-a website that pulls all the websites you want to keep up to date with into one platform.
- Twitter lists
- It’s ok to lurk!
- Find what platform is right for you
- Don’t feel the pressure to use a certain platform just because everyone else is.
- Have fun
- The three S’s: Setup, Strategise and Schedule
- Use more than one platform together
- Use humour
- Build connections with parents/caregivers
- Use social media for networking
- Use social media for marketing
- Remember to use #hashtags
- Use social media to collaborate with other staff
- Think outside the box for social media platforms
- If stuck…post cat videos!
Social Media Checklist by Happy Days Librarian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.